Skip to Main Content
Library Instruction Survey
What can Touro Libraries do for YOU?
Watch a short video introduction to the many resources and services offered by the Touro Libraries
Before diving into your first research project, make sure you're familiar with the following:
- Off-Campus Access - All electronic resources (databases, ebooks, streaming video) are available to Touro students and faculty from any computer. When off-campus, simply login with your TouroOne credentials.
- QuickSearch - Combined search for all items from the catalog and databases, including ebooks, books, articles, and videos.
- eBooks - Search for eBooks only.
- Catalog - Search the physical collection of the libraries, such as print books, journals and media.
- Databases - Collections of articles from magazines, newspapers, and academic journals. Some cover many topics (multidisciplinary) while others are subject-specific. Some may also include eBooks or videos.
- Note: Many databases include citations and abstracts for articles that they do not offer full-text for; to see if the full article is available elsewhere, click on the Article Linker button, or request for free through interlibrary loan (ILL).
- ProQuest Research Companion - PQRC is an online course designed to help you understand and successfully complete academic-level research and writing. PQRC includes guidance on choosing a topic, finding information from appropriate materials, selecting evidence, attributing sources, and writing a research-based essay.
- Library Homepage - The main point of entry for all library resources.
- Ask a Librarian! If you need more help.
Blueprint for Success in College and Career
"A free, Open Educational Resource, Blueprint for Success in College and Career is a students' guide for classroom and career success. This text, designed to show how to be successful in college and in career preparation focuses on study skills, time management, career exploration, health, and financial literacy."