Skip to Main Content
Touro College Career Services
Don't forget about Touro College Career Services!
NYSCAS Students: Visit the Office of Career Planning and Placement web page for more information about internship & career options, interview preparation, resume buildng, and more!
LAS Students (General): Please visit this page.
LCM Students: Please visit this page.
LCW Students: Please visit this page.
Touro College Alumni Portal
College alumni may use select electronic resources in the library, and off-campus with a Username and Password.
Books from Touro Libraries
Search for additional titles related to the keywords careers, resume writing, job interview, job hunting, etc via the Libraries online catalog of books and more. To access electronic books (Ebooks) from home you must log-in with your off-campus access username and password.
Here are some steps you can take to jumpstart your job search no matter what field you are in.
- Make an appointment to meet with one of Touro's career counselors who can help you develop appropriate strategies for your individual job search.
- Tap into Touro College's alumni resources.
- Connect with Touro College alumni on LinkedIn and other social networking sites.
Your Online Persona
- In addition to having a fine-tuned résumé, develop a portfolio that showcases examples of your work from classes, internships, or any activities you participated in that relate to your field.
- Manage your digital footprint. Google yourself to see what employers will find.
- Re-examine the contents of your profiles on social media sites.
- Maximize privacy settings for personal sites such as Facebook and your professional profiles, such as LinkedIn, accessible to all potential employers and contacts.
- If you are using Twitter, unless it is professional in nature.
- Set up meetings with professionals in your industry to ask for their advice and learn more about their career paths. Do not ask new contacts for jobs, but instead ask them to share information and tips as you try to break into the market. Even though this may not lead to an immediate payoff, genuine relationship building with professionals in your field is important for long-term success.
- Follow up with prospective employers to ensure that recruiters received your résumé and to ask about the timeline for their hiring process. However, avoid calling companies who specifically ask for "No phone calls."
Additional Resources for Recent Grads
Sites like Monster and Indeed are great, but job boards tailored to your industry can often be more fruitful. Check out the links below for some additional options. Also be sure to check out professional associations, recruiters, and the employment pages of individual companies where you might like to work.
Job & Career Related Databases
The following subscribed resources are restricted to the Touro community. They can be accessed on-campus from the Touro network, and off-campus with TouroOne credentials.
Vocations and Careers Collection (Gale)
Includes nearly 400 journals that help find the right career, enrolling in an appropriate institution of learning or training, searching for a job, and advancing in your career through continuing education. Provided by the New York State Library, NOVELNY.
Manage Your Online Presence
In addition to monitoring what is visible on your social media accounts and Google search results, you might consider putting together a personal website to collect links to various profiles, publish your thoughts on a blog, or post portfolio pieces. Here are some free, easy-to-use tools that can help.
Personal landing page:
Freelancers and entrepreneurs use about.me to grow their audience and get more clients.
LinkedIn allows members (both workers and employers) to create profiles and connect with each other in an online social network which may represent real-world professional relationships. Members can invite anyone (whether an existing member or not) to become a connection. LinkedIn can also be used to organize offline events, join groups, write articles, publish job postings, post photos and videos, and more.