Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Library Information Literacy Director
ProQuest Research Companion
An intuitive, self-guided product that supports information literacy, writing, and research skills instruction occurring in today's libraries, classrooms, and online learning environments.
Faculty Orientation Video
Overview of our most important services
If interested in getting a library services and resources overview, please contact me so we can arrange a webinar for you. You can also invite me to present at your departmental meetings.
- Ask-A-Librarian: Got a quick question? Contact us via call, chat (IM), e-mail, or tweet (@tourolibraries) to speak to a reference librarian.
- Resources: We’ve got more resources than you could ever count! Over 170 different databases in many disciplines, 82,000 e-journals, over 600,000 eBooks, and streaming video.
- Renew online: Book due tomorrow but snow predicted? Skip the trip to the library. Click My Account, log in with your name and the barcode on the back of your Touro College ID.
- LibGuides: These online library guides are created by professional librarians on a variety of subjects. LibGuides can serve as a portal to a selection of authoritative and credible resources for you and your students.
- Reserves: For online reserves, contact your local Touro library.
- Recommendations: Need more? Get in touch with a Librarian or use the Recommend a purchase form online to ask for new journals, books, or electronic databases to be added to our collections.
- ILL: Still need more? Use our ILL (Interlibrary Loan) which is fast and free. Request any material you need that’s not on the shelf and we will send it to the Touro library of your choice.
- Copyright: For questions on Copyright, Fair Use, and Open Access, contact Kirk Snyder.
- RefWorks: This online citation management tool includes numerous citations styles and can import articles directly from databases. Save PDFs, add notes, and create a bibliography. Sign-up with a touro.edu email address. For workshops and classes, contact your site library.
- Library Classes: Help your students learn to use the library by scheduling a hands-on library session given by library staff. The best time for these sessions to be beneficial to your students is when they are connected to an assignment. We give both in-person and online classes. Contact your site library.
- Webinars: Come and learn for yourself about the library services and resources available to you by attending library webinars.
- Open Educational Resources (OER): These are freely available educational materials, which are openly licensed and can be re-used and modified by instructors. The open license nature of OER means professors can edit and customize the materials to their needs. Using OER textbooks will help students save hundreds of dollars and also make them have access to their free online textbook. For more information, click here.